Monday, July 28, 2008

Calendars and Foxes don't Mix

The stupidity never ends.

I know I've ranted this out a month ago, but still the problem persists.

I have undeniably mentioned that am not cut out for PA work, but why? Why does it always end up on my lap? AARGH. It's so frustrating.

I've been working from home for 2 weeks now. Enjoying the comforts of being able to work and being able to rest at my own convenience.

However, this does not mean I have shirked any tasks that I normally do in the office, rather this has inspired me to prove to my colleagues that I am still a very responsible person, in terms of getting the job done, regardless if they can see me or not in the office.

As of today, ONE truly puzzling task was given to me. I was advised by one of the AU managers that I was cited BY MY MANAGER that I am the best person to organize an agenda for a foreign visitor visiting our office on August 25.

My only reaction to this was: WHAT THE ##**!!! In the first place there is no basis to say that I am the best person to organize the said agenda. Since I've never done an extensive agenda before, nor do I know how to go about it.

Some would say it's pathetic that I don't know how to make an agenda. But really, I've never done one for other people (other than a training agenda for a call center team, in which I am directly involved). Mostly, I don't know what the visitor wants nor do I know for sure who are the people involve that he wants to talk to. Second, I really couldn't care less about this guy's agenda, since the topics he wants to discuss are unfamiliar to me and am not really directly involved in any of the discussions.

Some would say I should be flattered that my manager thought that am the best person for the task. But this guy doesn't even know my capabilities!! How can he say that am the best person for that task, he has never seen me do that kind of work before. Which led me to believe that he was just spewing crap.

I've said it before, it's soo frustrating working with a manager who doesn't take the time to know your capabilities, what you can bring to the company, much less your name! It was weird to read the AU manager's note. I swear, if I wasn't incredulous over the said comment that my manager gave about me, I would have been laughing my socks off.

Much more, the visit is going to be on Aug 25----I have already informed my manager a month ago, that the said date is the start of my maternity leave. Sheesh, he hasn't even assigned a back-up for me to train for my tasks. So far this team is really so disorganized. They don't have any training plans for their managerial staff and they all panic like chickens with their heads cut-off when something serious happens. Most of the time, they spew lies to clients to explain why they weren't able to do their jobs properly. Others don't even have the gall to come face-to-face and explain their shortcomings.

I can't wait to start my new job on November. I just hope to leave all the bad influences that I've been exposed to for 1 year and just move on and continue where I left off before I've ever heard of this position am in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment