Friday, June 20, 2008

McDonalds vs Jollibee Fries

Ok, let me try my hand on a lighter subject. Light but none-the-less dear to my heart. And that's the subject of food people!! :)

Recently, I've had a shift of cravings from chicken to fries. I've noticed that more often I've just been alternating visits to 2 great fastfood chains. Namely, McDonald's and Jollibee.

With Jollibee, there are these flavoured fries aside from the regular or the large fries. They have these Cheezy fries and the nacho fries. They also used to have this bacon and fries combination which unfortunately isn't available anymore (it was really good).

With McDonald's they have their traditional fries and the seasonal Twister fries (TM) :P And more recently they have introduced this Shake the Fries in the paper bag thing..in tandem with the Kung Fu panda movie...(don't ask me why, I see no connection whatsoever).

Thing is, am more inclined to go to McDonald's for their fries than Jollibee.

I dunno, there's something addictive about the crispiness, the flavor or the oil, Mc use to fry their fries. Unlike Jollibee, whom I remember, used to serve their fries a bit too soggy when I was a kid. It was only recently that they re-invented the way they "cook" their fries and now called it Crispy Fries.

To me the Crispy Fries vs the Mc Fries (specially the Mc Twister Fries) are definitely at a disadvantage. Unlike Mc's which I can eat without condiments, I usually need to order ketchup, or dip the Jollibee fries in chicken gravy or mushroom sauce just to get some remnant of flavour. It seems so bland to me. To think, Jollibee advertises that "panlasang pilipino, at home sa Jollibee" Does this makes me unpatriotic? Coz, I just use the Jollibee fries as a poor substitute for the Mc fries when am too lazy to walk to McDo?

I hope Jollibee sells their cheezy bacon fries again, coz the sauce they use for this is really good. If this were available, I guess they can be at par with the Mc fries. Then again, if the Twister fries were available, it would force me out of my laziness from walking and surely entice me to go over McDo, rain or shine :P

Nevertheless, at least I have options with my cravings. Having options such as Jollibee and McDo in the workplace isn't too bad at all. They're both good. Totally at a different level from each other, but at least they serve edible and certainly clean / safe food.

Hmm, all this typing about fries is making me hungry. Wonder where I should go today? :P




No comments:

Post a Comment