Thursday, December 11, 2008

TOTO'S LECHON

In search of a cheap place to eat without sacrificing quality and taste, this Wednesday, I found myself insde Toto's Lechon.

Located at the 3rd Floor of Cyberone building, I was amazed by how cheap the prices were. I was skeptical, food this cheap must not taste very good. There must be a catch somewhere, I was proven wrong.

I ordered the fried porkchop with free soup...and apparently free vegetable side dish. It was great, and it cost me only 88 pesos!!

Said order was soo delicious, I couldn't believe it. They also have a wide range of vegetable side dish selections. Gravy was good too, they have 2 choices. They gave me the darker one, I think it was for the lechon. But it tasted great with the porkchop. The meat was sooo tender and not an ounce of fat....just the way I like it :)

The next day, curious to see if I would be satisfied again by their dishes (aside from the fact that I'm broke, pay day isn't until Friday). I ordered the 1pc fried chicken with free soup and iced tea. It costs only 64 pesos (take that Jollibee and McDo!!! ). I felt I was eating Chickenjoy (TM of Jollibee) without the over-inflated price. Food was great again, customer service was good. My taste buds were thrilled, I definitely enjoyed eating there.

Today, Friday, while waiting for the salary to come in, I had brunch again at Toto's. Determined to find a fluke in the said eatery, I ordered the chicken strips. As we all know, people who love to eat chicken strips may encounter a crispy outside, gooey inside chicken (example KFC). In other words, chicken strips can be really cooked on the outside but half-cooked on the inside. I was expecting that from Toto's, and yet again I was proven wrong. Their chicken strips were fantastic!!! It was really cooked evenly. And it cost me only 69 pesos for the chicken strips, soup and side dish plus 19 pesos for the iced tea. Overall price of 88 pesos.

Basically I was able to live through the week, thanks to my jaunts in Toto's. Eating a full meal at less than 100 pesos a day is an achievement, especially if you work in Eastwood, Libis. I mean, Eastwood has lots of food choices but most are really expensive and sometimes the less-expensive ones sacrifice quality, customer service or cleanliness of the dish / diner itself.

Suffice to say I am very satisfied with my dining experience in Toto's. I wouldn't mind going back there even after pay is credited :)






No comments:

Post a Comment