Thursday, June 19, 2008

Missed out again!!!

Just when I thought I've ranted out everything that bugs me about work yesterday, here comes another one. Something that just happened today.

It really irks me that am working with the kind of "boss" that doesn't take time to know their employees, much more their names!!! AAARGH!! Am at the point where I don't know whether to feel humiliated, embarrassed or just plain unappreciated for being overlooked in such an important meeting.

A meeting invite was sent sometime, whenever by my boss to everyone in my team. Typical team, or at least it's typical with my team -- not to discuss the elements of this meeting, unless they want info for their presentations from me or anyone else. So I went about my Thursday in my usual bored way, unknowing of things to come.

I came in the office and found that my team-mates are in a meeting. I didn't mind this as we usually have meetings for 1 hour every Friday morning. I thought this was just it, and since am one of the few who are not required to join that meeting at all, I just went about my tasks on my desk.

Unfortunately my assumption was incorrect. The call they were having was anything but "usual." They were already introducing themselves to the new "big boss" of our project on the client's side. I only noticed that they were taking too long with the call when it was like 15mins before it was over.

I didn't know what to do. The chance to make a good impression to the new guy is gone. I peeked into my boss's calendar (remember they gave me the scheduling task I hate so much), and found out that he DID send an invite to this call, but instead of inviting me, he invited the WRONG PERSON. Same first name as mine, with a really different last name as mine. UNBELIEVABLE.

I swear, my boss has been here for several months already. I've sent him countless of emails and joined him in several meetings. It's just so stupid that he still doesn't know my name. How IDIOTIC is that??!!

This is the FINAL STRAW, am sick of these guys. Am so sure now that more than ever I'm gonna be looking for another role within the company. Nothing to do with this team. It really sucks. And I really hate them more now. I want to stay away from these people as much as I can. Good luck to them finding someone who can take over the tasks am doing right now. Specially with my excel programs and such. Good luck to them finding another push-over, who's content to sometimes work on the background just to make them look good.

Am so TIRED of them. I think this is the signal for me to end all of this depression, discouragement and dissatisfaction in the workplace. Am getting out of this team, and l am gonna look for another which would be good for me professionally. If this is something not achievable within this company, then am sure there are others outside the company with a better work environment than the one I've been exposed to in this team.

I hope no-one thinks am being rash about this. The thought has crossed my mind on several occasions. The only thing holding me back before were the benefits and the salary this company offers. I considered the benefits back then since I'm about to have a family.

I've postponed considering offers from other companies this year due to my situation (am pregnant). But after I give birth, I hope to give them the shock of a lifetime. Am sure they wouldn't see it coming. DORKS!!!! AAARGHH!!. Let's see who gets the last laugh!!! MWAHAHAHAH....














No comments:

Post a Comment