Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mushrooms on my Ceiling

*Sigh* My ceiling has been leaking since July. Hubby and I haven't had the time to ask someone to come over and fix it.

So, typical of people who have this kind of problem, we just aligned an empty pail we don't use anymore on the area that has the leak, so that it won't spill on / flood the floor.

I didn't know that we've been procrastinating on it too long until I saw the 3-tiered mushroom growing invertedly on our ceiling!!

It was soo funny. Me and my hubby were laughing hysterically last night. The stalks were really white. The umbrella-like top (what do you call it anyway?) was a light brown. And besides the fact that it was growing on our ceiling, it really looked yummy, hahahah.

My hubby wanted to "harvest" it. But I told him it could be from a poisonous variety.

Anyways, come this morning, I wanted to look at it again before I go to work, but found that it dried out. The stalk was a mild brown and the umbrella-top is now a shriveled leaf.

Too bad, I hope another tier grows again. Ooops, scratch that, I don't want more fungus growing in my house.....hopefully these mushrooms find its way in my garden. Then I guess I wouldn't mind as much.

Nevertheless, I wish to offer this space in my blog to thank these mushrooms for giving me and hubby a humorous night, last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment