Monday, June 2, 2008

Crazy Escalator, Messed up Building

I know that there are more important things in this world to blog and rant about than the topic I've just mentioned. And of all things why does it have to be my first blog entry? However, as a very pregnant woman in my last trimester, am pretty miffed with the maintenance and poor facilities here in Cyber One building.

My company has an office here and unfortunately, due to some poor scheduling of maintenance activities, we tenants are mostly affected. I've only been working here for a short time, but in these few months, the escalators have been malfunctioning and breaking down constantly. The administrators of this building are obviously not doing their job in inspecting and ensuring that their equipment are capable of servicing the needs of their tenants.

Say for example today, early this morning, the escalator going up wasn't functioning again. Forcing some people, including myself, to go up the steep elevator. And believe me that wasn't such an easy task, given my weight and rounded tummy.
Aaaargh, it wasn't something that I would want to encounter first thing in the morning before starting my shift. Finding the stairs wasn't something I thought about at first, since I really have no idea where it was at the time or if there was one located on the ground floor. It was only during lunch time that I decided to explore the third floor (food court) of this establishment and found the stairs. The stairs are discreetly placed in some remote location.

Then during lunch time, they deactivated all escalators, while they fix just ONE malfunctioning unit!!!!!! Forcing everyone else to go up and down the same shut-down escalator while the other one is being fixed. I guess, to make light of things, just like me, not everyone thinks of the stairs at once :D I wanted to eat @ Pasto today, but have to cancel that plan because I don't want to go back to the building, bloated and all, then climb up an escalator that wasn't functioning or use the stairs (sorry if this seems tres lazy of me..i just can't help it, i feel so heavy)

Last month it was the 3rd floor escalators that malfunctioned. And as I recall, almost every month, there is an instance where one of the two escalators going to the 2nd floor are unusable.

Moreover, the number of elevators of this building are not enough to accommodate the number of tenants. Especially during peak hours, such as 8-9:30am, lunch time and sometimes during 5:30-7pm. It takes too long for the elevators to get to us. Considering there are only 2 available elevators each for a batch of floors.

Point is, CyberOne has high caliber companies as their tenants. It wouldn't hurt the admin of this building to invest in some state of the art equipment to cater to their tenants' employees and their foreign visitors. Come to think of this, I heard that Mdme President also visited this place a couple of years ago....wonder what she thought...hmmm.

So in short, am tired, frustrated, and wasn't able to go to the restaurant I want to eat in for lunch today. I forfeited going out of the building since I don't want to climb up the stairs or the steep deactivated escalator. And I presume, when it's time for me to go home later, it would take 5-15 minutes of waiting patiently for the elevator to arrive at my floor. And if am lucky, the elevator am going to ride in, wouldn't be the usual sardine can of employees, who, like me, hopes that no one has BO, will get their toes stepped on or worse.










No comments:

Post a Comment