Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gravy Anyone?

I know that am over-reacting on this one. Can't believe that I wrote a blog about it as well.

Have you ever gone to a restaurant / fast food joint and ordered for steak in their menu?

Have you ever asked for more gravy / sauce when the gravy on your steak isn't enough? Or when the gravy boat (or container or whatever it's called) doesn't have that much gravy in it?

Have you been charged for that requested gravy?

That happened to me yesterday @ Jollibee. I was soo surprised that they are charging extra for their mushroom gravy.

In the rare occasions that I eat in Jollibee, I usually order their burger mushroom steak. It's actually the only thing I can eat there aside from the Jolly Hotdog and fries. Anyways, the steak is usually lathered with generous mushroom sauce / gravy.

Unfortunately yesterday, I ordered a 2-piece of that and what I got was a dried up pair of mushroom steaks. So I asked the cashier / counter girl to lather a bit more gravy on my order since there's hardly any gravy at all. And then she told me, that she cannot do that...I have to pay for extra gravy...........

And so, I was like WTH!!! How can you charge me for extra gravy when someone in your kitchen didn't put enough in my order!! -- Of course I didn't say that out loud for fear of making a scene for some silly gravy dispute. And I didn't call the manager because I felt really embarrassed because, it really is just about gravy... and people might think I couldn't pay the extra charge.

Sure they were charging me a measly 10pesos for their mushroom gravy, what is 10pesos right? But the principle of the thing is, they were charging me something with what should have been complimentary in their menu!!! I mean, gravy is just like ketchup, salt, or pepper...it's supposed to be FREE!!

I could understand if it were a fine dining restaurant, where they could have put in some extra special ingredients to their sauce...but still in all my jaunts in fancy restaurants they don't even charge me anything for the number of times I've asked the waiter to refill my gravy boat.

BUT, hey, this is just Jollibee. Their gravy isn't even at par with the quality of KFC's gravy...and KFC, fyi people, do not charge their dine-in customers for their delicious gravy.

It just seems to me that the Jollibee corporation has become sooo greedy that they even stooped so low as to charge their customers for these supposed complimentary items. It seems that they cannot sustain their food industry without going after their customers' pocket change.

Oh well, am truly disappointed with this. It would be a long time before I give in to my craving of burger mushroom steaks in their restaurant, hopefully never.


No comments:

Post a Comment